Our salon reopened for business on April 24th, 2020 in accordance with guidelines issue by Governor Kemp. We have the responsibility of operating safely & properly, so our scheduling may be at a reduced capacity in order to comply with social distancing requirements.
We will be adhering to the following recommendations as described in the State Board guidelines.
- We ask that that only the client attend the appointment. Please, no guests.
- We will only be taking scheduled appointments, no walk ins at this time.
- We ask that clients bring and wear their personal face masks to the extent possible while receiving services.
- We recommend that you wait outside the salon in your vehicle until the stylist is ready for your appointment.
- We ask that everyone maintain social distancing at all times. Spacing between persons in the salon should be at least six feet, except when staff are servicing clients.
- We will need to ask each client (and employee) entering the shop the following questions:
- Have you had a cough?
- Have you had a fever,
- Have you been around anyone exhibiting these symptoms within the past 14 days?
- Are you living with anyone who is sick or quarantined?
- As per state guidelines, any employee or client who has a temperature above 99°F should be sent home immediately and not allowed to return to the salon/shop until they have no fever and no evidence of COVID-19 symptoms.
Sanitation & Personal Protective Gear
- Each client will be draped with a clean disposable cape or color cape.
- We will sanitize shampoo bowls, salon chairs and instruments (combs brushes etc.) after each use.
- Our staff will be wearing masks and gloves.
- Employees will wash hands with soapy, warm water, for a minimum of 20 seconds between every client service.
- Employees have been instructed to arrive at the salon/shop showered and wearing clean clothing.
- Employees have been instructed that they should change clothes before entering their homes when they return from work.